Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Apartment living

What fun it is to go back in our memories to our first apartment.  I was so glad not to have to spent time in the laundromat.  We had an on site washroom.  Granted it was in the basement and the washing machine was the wringer type and the dryer was a clothesline!  It was still fun to play house there.  As a new Christian I had a lot to learn, but I was very happy to be in a little church where people loved and cared for us.  Rod soon decided that two hours at church on Sunday morning was not enough for him.  He wanted to go again on Sunday night.  I did not see the need. I'm sure it had something to do with missing a TV program.  If I missed it , the only choice I had was to wait for the summer re-runs.  I stood my ground and did what  I wanted to do. Rod has always lead by example, so he passionately kissed me goodbye and went on without me?!   After two weeks I too saw the need for the special teaching and fellowship that is only on Sunday night--still do. I did walk home from work/school many afternoons and later learned that the best friend of labor and delivery is lots of walking.  The Lord was showing me then that He always has good in mind for me.

  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete