Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our First Place

When I met Rod while in college, it did not take us long to decide that were wanted to marry(8 months to be exact).  But we would have to leave our cozy dorm rooms and find a place to share together! God, who was drawing us to Himself, knew that we did not have a clue how to find an affordable place.  Instead He used Rod's Christian roommate,Will.  Will went to get a haircut at the local barber.  Marines have to keep it short even in college. It just so happened that the barber had this great trailer on his property. He and his wife no longer farmed, but his son farmed the land.  They did however keep a pen full of sheep. We could watch the sheep from our kitchen window.  I remember how jumpy they were.  When they heard a loud voice, they all raced to the opposite side of the pen.  I have remembered this picture many times in my Christian life when I find myself in the middle to a pack of believers running from something unknown.  I am then reminded that my Shepherd has my safety well under control.   

No comments:

Post a Comment